<$BlogRSDURL$>
Royals Nightly
Sunday, April 25, 2004
 
Game 16- Royals 10, Twins 1 (6-10)
Revenge Game.
As I said before, these teams don't like each other very much. I do think that Shawn Camp was enjoying being interviewed after the game. I can't explain why, but everyone of his quotes in the AP story read like something that he thought about saying:

1) ``With (Andres) Blanco and (Tony) Graffanino behind me, those guys are a wall,''
2) ``I've got the ball from this win and it is going in my new trophy case. I'm only 299 balls away from 300. No one can take this day away from me.''
3) ``It was an unfortunate incident with Darrell,'' Camp said. ``I was able to go out and throw strikes to a great hitting team and got a lot of ground balls. This is a great team and we've had some tough losses. This game is something we can build on.''

Perfect pattern executed here by Camp:
Step 1- Praise teammates excessively. (Two backups are "a wall"??? Niiiiice) Then move to Step 2- Insert Aw-Shucks self-deprecating humor, mixed with earnest sentiment, effectively stopping any cynicism from building. Step 3- return to the theme of the team. This isn't about me, it's about this great team. At the same time, we're building on this baby... ohh yea, something big began tonight!!

Swingin' Ken is now batting .413. Beltran is Beltran. Randa's swingin like its August of 1999. And this pitching staff only allowed 1 run. 1 RUN!!!

I could mention that the Royals didn't strike anyone out. But why spoil the taste of sweet victory???


|

Powered by Blogger

Syndicate This Site (XML) - RSS Content
Powered by
MakeRSS at baseballblogs.org
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com
Links